Let’s get right down to it! We’re on day 16 and it’s time to Vocabulize! Here are the words you’ve missed to date:
Today, you’ll learn words 106 – 112.
As we continue to celebrate Women’s History Month, today’s vocabulary are in honor of Multiple Grammy winner and “Queen of Soul” Aretha Franklin. Aretha Franklin is known for such hits as “Respect,” “Freeway of Love” and “I Say a Little Prayer.” To read more about her, click this link.
Now, it’s time to Vocabulize! Today, I’ve even included some definitions!
- Compassion has the same meaning as sympathy. It is a feeling of deep sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune.
- Contributions has the same meaning as gift. It is a donation or benefaction.
- Control has the same meaning as governing. It is the act or power of controlling; regulation; domination or command.
- Curiosity has the same meaning as inquisitiveness. It is the desire to learn or know about anything.
- Citizenship has the same meaning a social responsibility or residency. It is the character of an individual viewed as a member of society; behavior in terms of the duties, obligations, and functions of a citizen.
- Comfortable has the same meaning as contented.
- Conservative has the same meaning as modest.
Call to Action
Words, words, and more words! What a feeling of accomplishment. Keep it up. even if you learn just one words a day, you’re making progress! Keep believing in yourself! Keep it moving and continue to #vocabulize!